Identifying Gut Imbalances and Its Connection to EczemaSep 22, 2023
Identifying Gut Imbalances and Its Connection to Eczema
The gut is often called our "second brain." When it's imbalanced, our overall health can be compromised, including our skin's health. Dive into the signs of gut imbalance and its link to conditions like eczema.
1. Key Signs Your Gut is Imbalanced
- Digestive Issues: Bloating, gas, diarrhea, constipation, or heartburn can all be signs.
- Frequent Infections: A compromised gut can lead to a weakened immune system.
- Chronic Fatigue: An imbalanced gut can affect your energy levels.
- Skin Issues: Eczema, rosacea, or frequent breakouts can indicate gut problems.
- Autoimmune Conditions: Conditions like rheumatoid arthritis can be linked to the gut.
- Food Intolerances: Difficulty digesting certain foods can be due to imbalances in gut bacteria. If you have gotten a food allergy test and it came back seemingly like you are allergic to everything. This can be caused by leaky gut.
2. The Link Between Gut Health and Eczema
The skin is a reflection of our internal health. An imbalanced gut can:
- Lead to inflammation, a primary cause of eczema flare-ups.
- Affect the immune system, making skin more susceptible to external triggers.
- Disrupt the body's natural detoxification process, leading to skin irritations.
3. Practical Steps to Balance Your Gut
- Hydration: Drink plenty of water to support gut and skin health.
- Manage Stress: Chronic stress can disrupt gut flora. Practice relaxation techniques.
- Supplements: Consider supplements like collagen, glycine, omega-3s, and zinc for gut health.Here are my favorite supplements for eczema.
- Avoid Overuse of Antibiotics: They can disrupt the natural balance of gut bacteria. Antibiotic use often leads to candida overgrowth.
- Diet: Certain environments can breed negative gut microbes. Excess sugar in your diet from starches and sugar itself can create such an environment. Try including bitter foods into your diet instead!
Candida is a very common gut imbalance that plagues people with eczema. Eczema related to candida often shows up around the eyes, mouth, and skin folds. I just launched a new course that will help you reverse candida overgrowth through my 3-phase protocol: Biofilm elimination, Antifungals, then finally Probiotics. This course teaches you WHAT feeds candida, WHY it causes eczema, and HOW to fix it. Learn more here.
Understanding the connection between your gut and skin is the first step to achieving both internal and external wellness. By ensuring your gut is balanced, you're paving the way to healthier, radiant skin.